PHC, Department of Family & Community Medicine
Strategic Directions 2016-2019
OUR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Driven by compassion and social justice we are at the forefront of exceptional care. We are leaders in family medicine, education and research.
We are a center of excellence in family medicine, improving the health of our communities as we
- provide comprehensive patient care
- teach and mentor family medicine
- research, disseminate and evaluate innovations in primary care
- nurture a strong department membership, and
- demonstrate leadership locally, provincially and nationally.
We are committed to:
- Social justice: Understanding the importance of equality and equity, we care for all patients and work to ensure the health care system supports our efforts.
- The essentials of primary care-- first-contact for care; continuity of care; comprehensive care; and, coordination of care: We support our patients as they transition through the health care system to ensure they experience the highest quality care.
- The pursuit of knowledge, innovation and teaching: We consistently strive to improve and evaluate our clinical practice, patient health outcomes, training for the next generation of doctors, and health care system effectiveness.
- Leadership and influence: We use our holistic approach to care to shape the way health care is delivered. We are advocates for our patients and a sustainable health care system.
Our Strategic Directions are:
- Build an innovative primary care program across Providence Health Care.
- Expand and strengthen our academic programs.
- Promote engagement and foster leadership to our family physician members.
- Build capacity to lead and participate in primary care-focused research.
<insert a PDF file of the Strategic Plan>